Kelly Bacon Is Named VP Operations and Resupply at National Sleep Therapy

Brings Extensive Medical Device Industry Experience to Growing Company
CONCORD, NH & NORWOOD, MA – Kelly Bacon of Plainville, Mass., has been named Vice President of Operations & Resupply at National Sleep Therapy (NST), a leading supplier of CPAP equipment serving the New England states and beyond, with primary offices in Concord, NH, and Norwood, MA.

Making the announcement were NST co-founders Eric Cohen and Peter Falkson. Under their leadership over the past 5 years, NST has earned a reputation as an industry pioneer, introducing new technologies, training and techniques, enabling individuals to attain compliance with their doctor’s orders using CPAP therapy to get vital deep nightly sleep.

CPAP is an acronym for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. With a doctor’s prescription, patients use CPAP devices that gently blow air, keeping the person’s air passages open to prevent apneas during the night. Some 20 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea. Many don’t know it.

In her new post, Bacon is overseeing NST’s Customer Service and Resupply teams in Mass, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. “I’m excited to be an integral part of such a dynamic, pioneering and visionary company,” she says. In 2012, NST was listed by ‘Inc. 5000’ as ‘One of the Fastest-Growing Private U.S. Companies.’ NST works closely with hundreds of health care professionals to coordinate care and increase compliance for patients.

The self-proclaimed workaholic has been in the durable medical equipment (DME) field for most of her life after careers in the finance and mortgage industries. Tracing her rising star, Bacon recalls, “My first job was a paper route at nine years old. I started with 15 customers and built my route up to 50 in a few months. I think that’s where I fell in love with sales. I liked the idea of helping people to get what they needed.” She has helped other business to dramatically increase sales, and at one company oversaw the Compliance, Documentation, Authorization and Resupply functions.

She says, “I knew NST co-founder Peter Falkson from a prior job. What I really like about NST – and what sets it apart -- is the level of care and follow-up they have with patients. I like working with Peter and Eric, two extremely intelligent men that I respect. I learn new things from them daily. My reputation is very important so I’m careful who I endorse, support and work for.”

Bacon and her husband have three children. Interests beyond work include interior design, movies, the New England Patriots, cooking, antiquing, and the outdoors. In her Spare time,’ she says, “I find a lot of joy in helping young women succeed in business and help with their career by mentoring them and helping them with opportunities that arise.”

National Sleep Therapy sponsors a monthly free virtual support group -- ‘ CPAP Chat’ -- for people with sleep apnea and healthcare pros, and offers live video support plus iPad training and support for patients. (First Wednesday of each month from 7 – 8 pm ET). For more information: 888.867.8840 or support@nstherapy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment