National Sleep Therapy Patient Profile: Dick Aronson

CPAP Brings More Energy for Skiing, Traveling – and Grandchildren!

“I used to be concerned about dozing off while driving,” admits Dick Aronson, a retired businessman from Falmouth, Maine. “But since I got my CPAP three years ago, I’m a lot more alert in everything I do. I just have a lot more energy.”

Now 79, Aronson recently sold the four-store retail tire chain founded by his father-in-law in 1926 in Portland – the oldest independent tire company in the state. “Three years ago, when I complained about sleep and breathing issues, my doctor ordered a sleep test,” says Aronson. “I never snored or had other symptoms of sleep apnea. The test results convinced my doctor to prescribe CPAP therapy. Then, in 2014, a ‘leaky valve’ issue prompted the outstanding medical team at the Maine Medical Center, where I was on the Board, to recommend open heart surgery.” Aronson is a past President of Spring Harbor Psychiatric Hospital in South Portland.

The surgery and the CPAP have given Aronson a second life: “I’m no longer tired during the day. At work I was more focused, working better. My concentration has improved, I’m not afraid of dozing while driving, and I stay up much later at night.”

“Although my wife has had a hard time getting used to seeing me in my CPAP mask -- and I’ve had trouble getting used to the masks – I’ve tried three styles – a recent sleep test showed that I’m truly benefitting from CPAP therapy,” says Aronson. “I get my CPAP masks and accessories from National Sleep Therapy where the staff is helpful and sympathetic.”

So, what are Aronson’s retirement plans? “I hope to return to skiing out west and tackle my favorite 14,000-foot slopes. But most important, we’ll be visiting our seven grandchildren scattered in Florida, California and Texas. And to make sure I can keep up with them, I’m packing my CPAP. I really am a believer!”

By Stanley Hurwitz / stanhurwitz@gmail.com

------------

Real life patient story presented by National Sleep Therapy. For more information: 888.867.8840, support@nstherapy.com or cpaptalklive.com Company website: www.nstherapy.com. Also see: https://www.facebook.com/nstherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment